BCP applied our unmatched approach to superior visual presentation and knowledge of the micro-market relevant to Overlook to obtain the highest sale price for an Overlook city home since 2005.
Your choice of real estate professional matters. BCP got our client a $50K higher price than an end unit Overlook city home backing to Bren Mar Park sold by a "luxury" agent in 2020.
Please enjoy this 4 bedroom, 3 full and 1 half bathroom, 3898 finished sq.ft. townhouse for sale in the sought-after Overlook community in Alexandria, Virginia. The quality and scope of the upgrades throughout this house, both inside and out, present a rarely-found buying opportunity in Overlook for a fully move-in ready home with high-end finishes and features to enhance the new homeowner's enjoyment. The capstone on this beautiful home is each meticulously renovated, spa-like bathrooms, including a visually stunning Master Bathroom.
Seller-Provided Virtual Showings During COVID-19: If an in-person showing is desired, the terms of such a showing can be discussed to maximize safety for the Seller and Buyers. As an alternative, Seller will provide a "virtual" online showing of the house upon request. This real-time, online showing will allow a Buyer and their agent to obtain detailed information and ask questions about the house features and upgrades and the Overlook community. The Buyer can take advantage of the Seller's availability during the virtual showing to provide information about the house, including the many upgrades and renovations, all of which were done during Seller's ownership of the house. This approach will provide a Buyer with a level of knowledge about the house and community that is typically absent from their decision to make a particular house their new home.
The upgrades and appointments to this house are present in every room and every view within. A focus on the details, both big and small, is apparent throughout. An eye-pleasing color palette throughout the house will compliment any design style preferred by the new homeowner.
- The house opens to a 2-story foyer with a marble floor, which makes a grand, yet welcoming entry. A sitting area and the Dining Room flank the entry for the feeling of open space upon your first step inside.
- The Dining Room is on display to impress with an elegant bronze, 9-light candelabra, compound crown molding, and wainscot trim providing visual appeal.
- The entry leads to the Living Room, where a gas fireplace with extensive mantle trim provides the focal point for this space.
- The open kitchen has plentiful space on the granite counters. The upgraded black appliances and black tile backsplash with copper tile insets create a harmonious coordinating color to the cherry cabinets. The kitchen has an extended run of upper and lower cabinets and counter space for additional storage and workspace.
- The kitchen is large enough for a separate eating area, with a new bronze and champagne finish drum chandelier providing a design focal point visible throughout the main level.
- From the kitchen, you can walk out to a large deck that has accent lighting and an awning. The deck has a split staircase that leads to a curved flagstone patio and mature landscaping for a private retreat.
- The Main Level office has built-in bookcases, crown molding, and wainscot trim.
- The Main Level also has an upgraded half bath.
- The open space and circular flow of the Main Level, with access to the deck and patio below, provide great entertaining options, with enough space to make a large gathering feel intimate.
- The Main Level details include hardwood floors and compound crown molding throughout.
- The Master Bedroom suite is large enough to make a King-size bed look small. This space has a luxurious feel behind double doors with crown molding, wainscotted columns, and a tray ceiling providing architectural style. The Master Bedroom overlooks the entry chandelier for a dramatic view when you leave this private space to start each day.
- The separate seating area in the Master Suite provides a cozy spot for a nap or to relax with a book, with built-in bookcases flanking a gas fireplace.
- The Master Bathroom is stunning...simply stunning. A full renovation with attention to quality in materials and design details in every respect. From the vanity, to the enlarged soaking tub, to the fog-free, recessed mirrored cabinets, to the motion-activated, baseboard lighting, to the oversized shower with three water dispensing options and the tile mosaic detail on the wall, the Master Bathroom will bring a sense of enjoyment and relaxation to the new owner each and every time you walk into this space.
- The walk-in closet in the Master Bedroom feels like its own room with 20 feet long double rows of storage options.
- The Hall bathroom on the Upper Level is a fully renovated space with the same quality, attention to details, and spa-like feel as in the Master Bathroom.
- The 2nd and 3rd bedrooms are located on this level. Both bedrooms are large, with the same compound crown molding detail as found in the rest of the house. The 2nd bedroom also has a walk-in closet.
- The Lower Level is another large open space with separate areas for entertaining, along with a walk-out to the flagstone patio. The starring feature of this space is the recessed entertainment wall, with enclosures for a TV, audio equipment, and speaker that create a flush profile on the wall. Glass front storage cabinets with lighting flank the recessed entertainment wall.
- The Lower Level has a granite-topped wet bar with a wine refrigerator. The third gas fireplace, also flanked by built-in bookcases, provides another focal point for this space.
- The 4th bedroom is located on this level. This space is both spacious and secluded. The full bath on this level is accessible either directly from the bedroom or the Lower Level open space. The bed and bath combination create a luxurious guest suite. With the bathroom having the same level of spa-quality upgrades as the other bathrooms, including a beautiful black and white basketweave tiled floor, the new homeowner’s guest may never want to leave.
- The unfinished space on the Lower Level provides a large area for storage (300 sq.ft).
- The laundry is located just inside the garage on the Main Level, with a Samsung washer/dryer, utility sink, and a closet and overhead cabinets for storage.
- All light fixtures in the house have been upgraded, to include LED retrofit lights in lieu of recessed lights, with adjustable light output. The attention to detail extends to the light fixtures installed in the stairs to the Lower Level, with matching 4-light bronze foyer chandeliers providing visual appeal is this often overlooked space.
- All door hardware in the house has been upgraded to a satin nickel finish, including hinges, with levers instead of knobs for a more elegant look and feel.
- HVAC systems replaced in 2017 (Carrier).
- New roof installed in 2018.
- Hot water heater replaced in December 2012.
- New vinyl-clad, double-hung windows installed in 2011. The windows have a lifetime warranty that will transfer to the new owner.
- New carpet installed on the upper level in 2019.
- The house has a central vacuum system with access ports throughout the house for ease of cleaning on all levels.
- The front and rear yard have an in-ground irrigation system.
- The house has a whole-house surge protection system.
- The 2-car garage has an epoxy floor and a vacuum system. The driveway is sized to allow for 2 additional parking spaces.
Overlook community details:
Overlook is located just inside the Beltway, with immediate access to 395/495/95 and a bus to the Pentagon that you can catch with a pleasant 10-minute walk from the front door. The Van Dorn Metro is located less than a 10-minute drive. Dining, shopping, recreational, and cultural options found in Washington DC, Old Town Alexandria, Arlington, and Tysons are within easy reach. The St. James, a 450,000 sq.ft. sport, wellness, and lifestyle complex is a 10-minute drive from Overlook. A wide range of regular Life necessities are all within 10-15 minutes. The planned redevelopment projects within Alexandria’s West End are located to benefit Overlook from their proximity, but Overlook will still offer a neighborhood, park-like setting that is rarely found inside the Beltway.
When entering the community, you enjoy a drive up a winding, tree-lined boulevard, which gives Overlook a feeling of calm apart from the rush of daily Life. Overlook surrounds Fairfax County's Bren Mar Park, with its mature trees and walking trails. This green space, coupled with wide streets and greater separation from other houses for better privacy, sets Overlook apart from most communities inside the Beltway. When living in Overlook, these quality-of-Life features are yours to enjoy.
Overlook also offers its residents an outdoor pool, an outdoor tennis court, and playgrounds. The community pool is a 5-minute walk from the house through Bren Mar Park.
Verizon Fios high-speed internet is available within Overlook.
Bella Casa Partners™ is an agent team of KELLER WILLIAMS® United Alexandria-Kingstowne. Licensed in Virginia. Each office is independently owned and operated. If you are currently under a brokerage agreement with another agency, this is not a solicitation. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. All properties are subject to prior sale, rental, or other disposition.
Bella Casa Partners™ is a trademark of Bella Casa Partners, LLC. The KW logo is a trademark of KELLER WILLIAMS® real estate brokerage. © 2014-2021 Bella Casa Partners, LLC. (License No. 0226031610).